Saturday, November 5, 2011

lower your locked in interest rate

The key to messing with bankers is understanding that underneath the evil they are in fact human.  Once you dig to the human piece of them it's easy to mess with them a little.  Ask for their cell phone number and any fax, email, or office numbers they would be willing to give.  In order to find the human part of a banker you have to piss them off first.  It's like softening up a steak before you cook it.  There are plenty of different techniques to make a banker upset.  Tell them "you don't actually earn your money because you produce nothing" or "your the reason America is so screwed up".  That might not do the trick so just threaten to blog about him and say you're going to use his real name. I'm not going to use this douchebag's real name cause he ended up giving in to my demands.  He made a wise decision

A banker doesn't want to care about your problems.  All they care about is money money money.  The more they talk to you the more money they lose.  They lose clients because you're taking up all their time. So keep on talking to them and ask a lot of questions.  They'll want to give a better deal so you shutup.  More likely though they'll try to pass you off to some other officer at the bank.  Don't let them do that.  Tell them how much you like dealing with them and you don't want to work with anyone else.  Talk about leaving if they quit.  You can also tell a long story about how to stick things out and suffer through the bad times.  It makes you stronger. blah blah  The point would be god hates quitters.  You spent time on this guy or gal and you don't want to lose them.

They don't have a job caring for you. Their job is to use your weakness to become richer.  I'm not being mean.  Take for example the email below.  I applied for a refinance and then the interest rates dropped dramatically.  Why should I be punished for my decision to refinance at the wrong time?  I'm not going to show the email that prompted this response from me.  It was me making him mad and then him showing it.  After sending this email I got a call from the guy's boss saying he'd drop the rate.


I should start recording my phone calls.  I prefer email to talking on the phone.  You both should step back and look at this from my view.  I was trapped in a terrible situation.  Interest rates dropped to 3.15 percent.  I was locked at 3.85.  What person in his right mind would close at the 3.85 percent when the current rate is 3.15?  You are telling me I locked my rate.  I'm telling you it didn't matter.  I was talking about this to a guy at work today.  He said when he refinanced a long long time ago the bank said he could lock his rate and if it went down before closing they would give him that rate.  That sounds like a reasonable thing to do.  The reason why a business fails is because it quits listening to its customers or potential customers.  Im not blackmailing you.  I'm trying to help you understand your customers.  Do you realize that what your asking us to put up with is crazy?  Lets say I go to BestBuy to purchase a TV for $2000.  I put a down payment on it for $20.  The next week it goes on sale for $1500.  You still want to sell it to me for $2000 and say you must or you wont get your $20 back.  We spent time getting it off the shelf and we earned that deposit.  Now lets say I find the same tv at WalMart for $1500.  Who in their right mind would want to go back to Best Buy because they threaten not to give them their deposit back??

You must listen to me as a customer.  I'm a very reasonable person.  Please Kenny, bring this up in your next meeting.  You seem like a nice guy.  If you really like working for your company you need to help it succeed.  Tell your boss that in order to better please your customers they should give them the lowest rate from locking to closing.  The only reason I left your bank is because of the deposit!  It sounds backwards because you required a deposit thinking that would keep me there.  I went with a different bank because I was locked in with a rate at your bank and you wouldn't lower it.  I had no reason to be loyal so the only thing keeping me from quitting was a good fair deal.

The only negative thing I have is that you wouldn't give me a lower rate when they dropped and now you won't give me my $500 back.  I feel like I payed someone $500 to kick me in the balls.  

I talk a lot on facebook and at my job.  Most people say I'm wrong asking for my deposit back.  Everyone agrees that I needed to get out of the 3.875 rate if I could.  What they're saying doesn't make sense to me.  They're saying pay Quicken and leave mad.  They should be saying stay at Quicken and be happy or something like that...

The BBB rating comes with a price and so does doing the right thing.  It sounds like you make a good business from doing the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment