Monday, November 7, 2011

2s

She was yelling at me in baby talk and shaking her little index finger.   Papa was the only word I recognized.  It was so cute.  She had this intense and serious look in her face.  I imagined her thinking it through and coming to the conclusion that if she started yelling at me it would just break my heart and I'd be really sorry.   She was trying to force feed me another pretzel and I refused.  This was the last straw for my daughter and she let me know it.

My wife taught me that it's all about picking your battles.  Some things aren't worth fighting over.  I could have pretended to eat that pretzel and she would have been happy but where does it end?  One day it's a pretzel and the next it's the color of car she wants me to buy her.  Well, I didn't eat that pretzel and her first car is going to be a piece of shit.

She is the love of my life.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to take a stand with a 1 year old. Very reasonable .

    ReplyDelete