Saturday, January 14, 2012

Fighting over God

One of the worst subjects with me and any other human is the subject of god's will.  The reason I get upset when someone gets all preachy with me is simple.  I know everything about god.  I hate politicians using his name to get votes.  I hate seeing people holding signs saying god is against gays.  I was created by god in his image and I feel a special connection with him.  The connection is spiritual and personal.  It's a one on one between the two of us.  I trust him and believe.  It's hard to believe in something that doesn't exist in reality.  It's even harder to believe that someone else has a greater connection and it's their mission to help him out.  History has a lot of stories about people doing horrible things in the name of god.  The idea of working for God and doing his will is crazy.  What gives you the right to do his work?  Does he really want you to hold that sign by the side of a busy street outside an abortion clinic?  I can talk with god just as you can but you're saying that god gave you these directions to give me.  If I ever give advice about religion I'll ask the person to just pray for an answer to a question they think would help.  If I said anything else it would only hurt the situation.  I can't speak for him.  The idea that anyone could speak for god is insane. When I'm at church I'm focused on a spiritual path.  I dedicate an hour to god and try to tune out what's going on during mass.  Going to church is like a sacrifice to me and I feel guilty I feel that way.

This was written because of a facebook post.  I don't watch football but I know who Tebow is and tonight he's a loser.  Sorry Broncos fans :(

No comments:

Post a Comment