Sunday, February 12, 2012

up the DMT man

Dimethyltryptamine is a naturally occurring psychedelic found in the human body.  We produce it during REM sleep.  DMT is produced in plants.  It's something we can have in common with nature.  Stupid plants quit hogging all the dimethyltryptamine!  DMT can produce anything from a short lived psychedelic experience to a total immersion into a different reality. I don't really care about the pill form, smoked form, or injected form of DMT.  I have always been a cheap bastard.  If my body can make DMT why should I pay for it?  One way of releasing DMT is to have a religious experience.  That's easy enough but I don't like going to church so I can just pray for DMT at home.  Other ways the body gives up the DMT are death, REM sleep, and meditation.  The white light a person might see at the time of their demise has been linked to a release of DMT by the pineal gland.  I'm not quite ready for death so I bought a book on Zen meditation.

I'm interested in self healing.  I am a cancer survivor.  Life is short and we should enjoy it.  Stress is the cause of many of life's problems.  Imagine a bad day at work, the worst day possible.  I'm talking about no coffee, boss up your ass, too much work, and problems at home.  It's too much.  What if you could walk away from it for a few minutes and come back completely refreshed.  My old man would sit on the toilet for a half an hour and read.  It's a great way to get away from everything but it's not for me. I sit completely still in my room and focus my breathing.  After a while it feels like I've woke up from a full night's sleep and many of the questions I've had about my day now have answers.  It's not some hippie bong trip.  It's science.

No comments:

Post a Comment